dreamofitaly

This is the blog for Dream of Italy™, The Insider's Guide to Undiscovered Italy, a paid subscription travel newsletter. Dream of Italy™ (www.dreamofitaly.com) has been recommended by USA TODAY, National Geographic Traveler, U.S. News & World Report and American Way. Editor Kathy McCabe has helped thousands of travelers get the most out of their visits to Italy.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Summer Deal: Rome's Lord Byron

I had the pleasure of staying at Rome's Lord Byron Hotel in February. I have long heard about this 5-star property and wanted to try it for myself. While I had a wonderful experience, I concluded that the hotel is not for everyone.

If you're on your first trip to Rome or plan to spend most of the time in the center, this may not be the place for you (you need to take a bus or 10-minute taxi ride to get to the center). But if you're planning on spending some time in the Borghese Gardens and the Villa Borghese, the location is ideal and might be of interest to those who have already spent plenty of time in Rome.

The best feature of the Lord Byron -- undoubtedly, the excellent service! The staff are simply the best, helpful yet, understated and have the perfect response to any situation. I have been told that they are particularly good with children -- a friend just raves about how nice they were to her kids.

My least favorite aspect -- the decor in the rooms. I'm not sure that all of the rooms look like this, but I likened the furnishing in my room to that of a Russian dacha! Later, I learned that the Byron does get a number of Russian visitors. The carpeting was red, the furniture was white and if I remember correctly, the walls were tan. It just wasn't my taste.

The price is right for a stay at the Lord Byron. The hotel has a summer deal: stay a minimum of two nights (arrive any day of the week) in a double classic room with daily breakfast for the excellent rate of 180 € per night, plus tax.

There's a similar deal available at Lord Byron's sister hotel in Florence, the Hotel Regency. For 180 € a night, plus tax, you can stay in a double classic room with daily breakfast. (Two-night minimum.)

Know of any other summer deals? E-mail me at kathy at dreamofitaly dot com

1 Comments:

Blogger Tao said...

What do you think of the Poem "Darkness" of Byron? I have it published in my site http://listao.blogspot.com
I would like to hear your oppinion.
Thanks
Hernán

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home