dreamofitaly

This is the blog for Dream of Italy™, The Insider's Guide to Undiscovered Italy, a paid subscription travel newsletter. Dream of Italy™ (www.dreamofitaly.com) has been recommended by USA TODAY, National Geographic Traveler, U.S. News & World Report and American Way. Editor Kathy McCabe has helped thousands of travelers get the most out of their visits to Italy.

Monday, May 30, 2005

For Young Italophiles/Bibliophiles

I credit my love of history in part to the trip to England my parents took me on when I was 10. I encourage all parents who can afford it -- to take their children abroad at around this age -- it can literally change the course of their lives...

If you're taking the kids to Italy this year or just want to encourage their love of history, be sure to get them reading! A review of The Enemies of Jupiter by Caroline Lawrence (in yesterday's Washington Post) caught my eye. Here's what reviewer Elizabeth Ward had to say:

Some lucky kids might be headed to Italy this summer, but stay-at-homes can compensate with the "Roman Mysteries" -- a detective/adventure series set in and around 1st-century Rome, by a writer trained in archaeology, Latin and Hebrew. The Enemies of Jupiter is the seventh title in the series, which stars four bright children who have forged a bond despite differing social, ethnic and religious backgrounds. They are also regular magnets for trouble. Here the quartet gets to help the Emperor Titus pinpoint the cause of a plague sweeping the city. The books' plots are blithely improbable, in the manner of a Boxcar Children or Cam Jansen mystery, and the dialogue can be stilted ("The fate of Rome may be in your hands!"). But the series shines in its depiction of daily life, reflecting Lawrence's scholarly interest in everything to do with ancient Rome, from language, social structure and architecture to food and medicine. Kids who immerse themselves in these books -- and 11 more are promised, including The Gladiators From Capua in October -- will be well prepared to appreciate Italy when (or if) they do get there.

29 Comments:

Blogger musica said...

This blog is nice. you can find good information. If you want additional information visit
discount airfare Find the best discount airfare

2:46 PM  
Blogger musica said...

YOUR BLOG IS GREAT. I WILL BE BACK. HERE IS MY WEB SITE AN IS RELATED TO airline tickets also we have airline tickets It pretty much covers airline tickets and other similar topics available.

12:29 PM  
Blogger musica said...

YOUR BLOG IS GREAT. I WILL BE BACK. HERE IS MY WEB SITE AN IS RELATED TO discount airfare also we have discount airfare It pretty much covers discount airfare and other similar topics available.

1:58 AM  
Blogger musica said...

YOUR BLOG IS GREAT. I WILL BE BACK. HERE IS MY WEB SITE AN IS RELATED TO discount airfare also we have discount airfare It pretty much covers discount airfare and other similar topics available.

10:13 AM  
Blogger musica said...

YOUR BLOG IS GREAT. I WILL BE BACK. HERE IS MY WEB SITE AN IS RELATED TO cheap hotels also we have cheap hotels It pretty much covers cheap hotels and other similar topics available.

7:11 PM  
Blogger stony said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a spyware download site/blog. It pretty much covers spyware download related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

8:35 AM  
Blogger usersanonimos said...

YOUR BLOG IS GREAT. I WILL BE BACK. HERE IS MY WEB SITE AN IS RELATED TO airline tickets also we have airline tickets It pretty much covers airline tickets and other similar topics available.

10:26 AM  
Blogger stony said...

Great blog here! I have a car rentals in site/blog. It pretty much covers car rentals in related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10:32 AM  
Blogger usersanonimos said...

YOUR BLOG IS GREAT. I WILL BE BACK. HERE IS MY WEB SITE AN IS RELATED TO cheap hotels also we have cheap hotels It pretty much covers cheap hotels and other similar topics available.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Good work with your great blog! This may be of interest to you if you like save the date wedding magnets My Site is about save the date wedding magnets

5:55 AM  
Blogger Me said...

If you like magnets, I'm sure you'd be interested in save the date magnet My Site is about save the date magnet

6:39 AM  
Blogger Me said...

If you like magnets, I'm sure you'd be interested in save the date magnet My Site is about save the date magnet

6:39 AM  
Blogger jobs123 said...

Hey nice blog, really nice! I just want to let you know I have an travel deal
site - blog too!
It's a free information site with tips and secrets for saving big money on your next vacation!

It mostly deals with travel deal plus other stuff
You Can Save Up to 50% off your next vacation
You Should check it out if you get the chance :-)

10:10 AM  
Blogger usersanonimos said...

YOUR BLOG IS GREAT. I WILL BE BACK. HERE IS MY WEB SITE AN IS RELATED TO discount airfare also we have discount airfare It pretty much covers discount airfare and other similar topics available.

6:22 PM  
Blogger usersanonimos said...

YOUR BLOG IS GREAT. I WILL BE BACK. HERE IS MY WEB SITE AN IS RELATED TO cheap hotels also we have cheap hotels It pretty much covers cheap hotels and other similar topics available.

7:24 PM  
Blogger musica said...

YOUR BLOG IS GREAT. I WILL BE BACK. HERE IS MY WEB SITE AN IS RELATED TO discount travel also we have discount travel It pretty much covers discount travel and other similar topics available.

2:01 AM  
Blogger credit cards now said...

nice blog there muchacho. What was your inspiration? care to return the visit? ;-) cheap hotels

6:32 PM  
Blogger Clickbank Mall said...

Come Visit Santa at his blog and tell him what you want for Christmas,

6:54 PM  
Blogger The Coupon Guru said...

I enjoyed your jiffy lube coupon blog. I found this coupon forum that you might be interested in... **Coupon Forum**

9:06 AM  
Blogger thinkingabouttravel said...

You have a great blog here! Your blog looks really nice

I have a oregon travel site. It pretty much covers oregon travel information related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:45 PM  
Blogger td163 said...

Hi, As you are probably aware, there are so many junk filled blogs. As I was searching for train travel vacation related information today, it was a nice break from the 'usual' to come across your blog. I am happy I searched for train travel vacation related ideas and share with you today. Thanks,John.

12:59 AM  
Blogger TadaDiscounts said...

You have an awesome site here! I have a website that may interest you- jewelry with get content such as- jewelry

3:44 PM  
Blogger editor said...

Nice Blog. Well done.
Here a site on Cruise Packages:
Cruise, Luxury Cruise, Discounted cruises, Cheap Cruises, Cruise Travel, Cruise Deals, Cruise Vacation, Cruise Ship. Available for many destinations: Bermuda Cruise, Honeymoon Cruises, Bahamas Cruises, European Cruises and much more

7:46 PM  
Blogger TadaDiscounts said...

You have an awesome site here! I have a website that may interest you- Plasma Lcd Tvs with get content such as- Plasma Lcd Tvs

9:12 PM  
Blogger TadaDiscounts said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a jewelry It pretty much covers jewelry related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:35 AM  
Blogger tb163 said...

Hi, just came across your travel mexico. What a great site. I also have a site relating to the travel mexiconiche that I think your readers would be interested in. Go and check it out!!

7:32 PM  
Blogger TadaDiscounts said...

You have an awesome site here! I have a website that may interest you- Radar Detectors with get content such as- Radar Detectors

12:17 AM  
Blogger TadaDiscounts said...

You have an awesome site here! I have a website that may interest you- Radar Detectors with get content such as- Radar Detectors

1:26 PM  
Blogger Richard K said...

Hi, your blog is fantastic! Well done!

I have a travel mexico site/blog. It pretty much covers travel mexico related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home