dreamofitaly

This is the blog for Dream of Italy™, The Insider's Guide to Undiscovered Italy, a paid subscription travel newsletter. Dream of Italy™ (www.dreamofitaly.com) has been recommended by USA TODAY, National Geographic Traveler, U.S. News & World Report and American Way. Editor Kathy McCabe has helped thousands of travelers get the most out of their visits to Italy.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Pope's Grave Will Open to Public Wednesday

This from the Vatican press office:

"I can add that the Vatican Grottoes will be open to the faithful starting on Wednesday, April 13, at 7 a.m."

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Kathy,

I didn't think that the grottoes were generally open to the public in the past. I thought you had to get a permisso and deal with bureacracy to visit. Am I thinking of the Scavi instead? Will I be able to visit the grottoes in July, do you think?

Thanks,
Bill

blog.360.yahoo.com/vesuviuslatin

9:12 AM  
Blogger Kathy McCabe said...

Good question, as I have never been down to the grottoes myself, but I know they are now open to the public, if they weren't before. You may be thinking of the Scavi in terms of getting permission.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, Kathy! I tracked this down in a guidebook, and it does seem to be separate.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home