dreamofitaly

This is the blog for Dream of Italy™, The Insider's Guide to Undiscovered Italy, a paid subscription travel newsletter. Dream of Italy™ (www.dreamofitaly.com) has been recommended by USA TODAY, National Geographic Traveler, U.S. News & World Report and American Way. Editor Kathy McCabe has helped thousands of travelers get the most out of their visits to Italy.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Pope Comic Book Controversy

I happened to watch CNN's Inside Politics Inside the Blogs segment today. They mentioned that a fellow blogger said that Pope John Paul II was the first Pope to have his own comic book. Not so says my friend Joe, who was also watching. I know you're thinking, this guy knows everything! And watches everything (RAI, CNN, etc.)

The scoop from Joe:

"They were wrong today when they said JPII was the first Pope to have a comic book. I remember getting a comic book on JohnXXIII in Catholic grammar school. I remember it distinctly because it was the first time I realized Popes were people and had real names. It might have been a special issue of Treasure Chest (you remember those?), but it was definitely the Life of Pope John XXIII."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mysticman said...

Well K hy McCabe interesting post. I was looking for Info on lucid dream and I came across your site and while Pope Comic Book Controversy wasn't an exact match i was most interested to read what you had to say. I was looking for lucid dream infomation, I glad I came across your site I'll visit again sometime.

1:03 AM  
Blogger Mysticman said...

Well K hy McCabe interesting post. I was looking for Info on dream guide and I came across your site and while Pope Comic Book Controversy wasn't an exact match i was most interested to read what you had to say. I was looking for dream guide infomation, I glad I came across your site I'll visit again sometime.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home