- Rumor, reported by Inside the Vatican's Robert Moynihan: John Paul II's will, to be read today, names the man he believes would make a worthy successor for him, and, that the name mentioned is that of an Italian bishop.
- The mayor has asked Romans to open their homes to pilgrims who need a place to stay.
- After Friday's funeral, the Cardinals will most likely stop talking to the press until after the Conclave is completed.
- USA TODAY has a terrific story about an American reporter who covered the Pope and decided to convert to Catholicism upon his retirement.
- John Allen's guide to the top 20 potential Popes: Ennio Antonelli (Italy), Francis Arinze (Nigeria), Jorge Mario Bergoglio (Argentina), Dario Castrillón Hoyos (Colombia), Godfried Danneels (Belgium), Julius Darmaatmadja (Indonesia), Ivan Dias (India), Claudio Hummes (Brazil) Lubomyr Husar(Ukraine), Walter Kasper (Germany) Nicolás de Jesús López Rodríguez (Dominican Republic), Wilfrid Fox Napier (South Africa), Jaime Lucas Ortega y Alamino (Cuba), Marc Ouellet (Canada) Giovanni Battista Re (Italy), Norberto Rivera Carrera (Mexico), Oscar Andrés Rodríguez Maradiaga (Honduras), Angelo Scola, (Italy), Christoph Schönborn ( Austria), Dionigi Tettamanzi (Italy)